[Dune] Update of the official Homepage / dunedesign.png

Andreas Dedner A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jun 10 13:07:41 CEST 2011

Hi.

There are 2 things I do not like and one I do:
+ keeping it simple and not naming dune-common and dune-geometry works
   quite well (there both really rather technical as you said and not
   much use to any one on there own).
- It looks to me in this picture as if both the core modules and the
   the discretization modules can both not be used without some external
   library module. But it is possible to build
   application without an external module and even without
   using fem or pdelab. I would to have that information in the picture
   if possible.
- I would like to have fem and pdelab more prominent and not side by
   side with grid modules. That was what I quite liked about Christroph's
   original design suggestion.

I tried to change the figure accordingly.

In my picture I am missing that the external modules could be build on
top of fem or pdelab - one could use a "L-shaped domain" for that of
course but it did not seems necessary for me.

 From my point of view there are now more than enough suggestions
around... so do we vote on this or how do we decide?
Andreas

PS:
I never quite understood why there were diamonds and small points on
the top for the applications so I thought one could use the points to
represent grid modules - but perhaps I missed some underlying idea
concerning the points and diamonds...