[Dune] Update of the official Homepage / dunedesign.png

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Jun 10 13:26:40 CEST 2011

Hi Andreas,

honestly, I don't understand your picture.
- What is this spurious text "external modules" in the lower right
  corner supposed to mean?
- Why are the '...' of the applications now part of the
  core-module-box?

and I think there is too much white space.

> PS:
> I never quite understood why there were diamonds and small points on
> the top for the applications so I thought one could use the points
> to represent grid modules - but perhaps I missed some underlying
> idea concerning the points and diamonds...

the diamonds are the apps and the points are \dots. Perhaps that's one
of the reason I don't understand your picture ;-)

Thare is also a color code. Apps are orange, while libs/modules are
different shades of blue. We might consider using the dark blue also
for the discretization modules to make them more prominent.

But I agree, there shouldn't be the need for any more new pictures. In
any way the picture will a further cleanup...