[Dune] Update of the official Homepage / dunedesign.png

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Fri Jun 10 14:26:41 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 10. Jun 2011, 14:01:16 +0200 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> Hi Guys/Girls!
> Maybe before settling on an image we should have a clear idea about its
> purpose.  Is it to be some form of logo?  Then most proposals are still
> too complex.

Not a logo.  We already have that.

>               Or is it a drawing that should inform people about the
> structure of Dune?  Then it should be more precise, larger, include some
> more modules.  It would then find a place somewhere else on our website.

More like this.  However, it shouldn't be detailed, it should just give an
overview.  And it shouldn't put too much emphasis on technical details.  More
like "where do I find the feature I need".  And if that precise feature is not
included in the overview, "where am I likely to find it if I dig deeper" or
"where would it end up if I implemented it myself".

If we want a detailed and technically accurate map of the "Dune ecosystem",
then it should indeed not go on the front page.  But the overview diagram
would be a good place to link to the detailed map.

Bye,
Jö.

--
This just in: "Since 2001, there has been a 300-fold rise in terror
acts worldwide".  Know what would be cool?  If the Bush administration