[Dune] Features of Ghost-Elements

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sat Jun 11 20:47:54 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 11. Jun 2011, 20:20:39 +0200 schrieb Martin Nolte:
> browsing through your feature list, I would expect ALU to support all of them
> with a small exception: The same element might be represented by multiple copies
> of the ghost if more than one face of the element touches a process border, one
> copy for each face intersecting a process border. This is a tribute to the fact
> that ALU does not natively support ghost elements.

Do you mean a situation like this:

  +--------+--------+
  |        |        |
  |interior| ghost  |
  |        |        |
  +--------+--------+
  |        |        |
  |interior|interior|
  |        |        |
  +--------+--------+

In this case

 * Would I visit both copies of the ghost when iterating over the elements of
   the gridview?

 * Would gv.indexSet().index(ghost) yield the same index for both copies?

 * When doing an Interior_All communication, would both copies of the ghost
   receive data from the corresponding interior element of the other process?

I'm probably OK, but just checking to be safe.

>                                                    Apart from that, everything
> should work as expected and you should file a bug report, if ALU fails to comply
> with one of your assumptions.

That sounds great!

Thanks,
Jö.

--
In the shower, time can be measured only by the fluctuations of the
temperature.