[Dune] Features of Ghost-Elements

Andreas Dedner A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Jun 12 00:00:45 CEST 2011

Do you mean a situation like this:
>    +--------+--------+
>    |        |        |
>    | I_2    | ghost  |
>    |        |        |
>    +--------+--------+
>    |        |        |
>    | I_1    |  I_0   |
>    |        |        |
>    +--------+--------+
>
> In this case
>
>   * Would I visit both copies of the ghost when iterating over the elements of
>     the gridview?

ibegin() on both I_0 and I_1 would give you a ghost both with the
same geometry but with different index. So you have a G_0 and a
G_2 which are geometrically identical but topologically different.
ibegin on G_2 for example would give you only I_2.
The communication method works, i.e., the data from the corresponding
interior element would be communicated to both G_0 and G_2.

Best
Andreas