[Dune] Features of Ghost-Elements

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sun Jun 12 14:15:44 CEST 2011

Am Sat, 11. Jun 2011, 23:00:45 +0100 schrieb Andreas Dedner:
> Do you mean a situation like this:
> >   +--------+--------+
> >   |        |        |
> >   | I_2    | ghost  |
> >   |        |        |
> >   +--------+--------+
> >   |        |        |
> >   | I_1    |  I_0   |
> >   |        |        |
> >   +--------+--------+
> >
> >In this case
> >
> >  * Would I visit both copies of the ghost when iterating over the elements of
> >    the gridview?
> >
> ibegin() on both I_0 and I_1 would give you a ghost both with the
                           ^^^

I suppose you mean I_2 instead of I_1 there.

> same geometry but with different index. So you have a G_0 and a
> G_2 which are geometrically identical but topologically different.
> ibegin on G_2 for example would give you only I_2.
> The communication method works, i.e., the data from the corresponding
> interior element would be communicated to both G_0 and G_2.

> >  * Would gv.indexSet().index(ghost) yield the same index for both copies?

Your answer actually contradicts the answer I got from Martin privately
regarding the indices.  However, since you agree on the other two answers
("yes" both times), the answer to the indices question doesn't matter in my
case, I should be OK either way.

> >  * When doing an Interior_All communication, would both copies of the ghost
> >    receive data from the corresponding interior element of the other process?

Thanks,
Jö.

--
Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.