[Dune] DGF Parser is not working

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Jun 17 15:06:51 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:12:42PM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:
> But that implies that gmsh2dgf is able to handle those parameters,
> which I doubt
> (says he without looking).

Oliver is right. gmsh2dgf just uses the dune-gmsh-reader classes,
which implies, that it also can't handle these additional flags.

I never checked how to assign more parameters in gmsh files (and I'm
not sure that it was possible in older versions...) but I'm sure that
it can't be too difficult to add this to the reader.

Can you provide a _very_ short example?

I assume that you are refering to the mesh_partitions which can be
specified as additional parameters (after the physical
group). Currently they are read (as a vector of ints, gmshreader.hh:409),
but they aren't stored or exported.

If you can provide a patch, we happy to incorporate it [give it isn't
a quick hack ;-)].

Cheers