[Dune] Problems while creating a grid with DGF

S. Swayamjyoti swayam.151 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:21:27 CET 2011

Hi,

I have created a grid with the DGF. Till 8 elements, it's fine. When I try
to add a new element, say the last element * 5  6  1 15 32 33 28 41* , I get
a wrong element. Please find attached the dgf file and a screenshot of the
last element (with protrusion). If I check the coordinates of this element,
I find it displayed incorrectly as shown in the screenshot.

Coordinates:

Point 5  : (-5, 5, 5)
Point 6  : (-5, 5, 0)
Point 1  : (-5, 0, 0)
Point 15: (-5, 0, 5)
Point 32: (-15, 15, 15)
Point 33: (-15, 15, 0)
Point 28: (-15, 0, 0)
Point 41: (-15, 0, 15)

As shown in the screenshot-1, Point 33 and point 28 do not figure in the
picture. This is strange because the last element is so defined. And, such
things happen everytime I try to add a new element after 8 elements. Could
you suggest a reason why this is happening? (For ref. the center point of
the cubical part is (0, 0, 0))

Regards.