[Dune] [vtk] beginPointData() in vtuwriter.hh

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Mar 29 11:48:55 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 29. Mar 2011, 11:08:37 +0200 schrieb Oleh Krehel:
>    Thanks for the answer, but it still doesn't work well for me.
> I have changed solution to 3 components. Paraview doesn't issue a warning,
> but neither does it
> show u initially, although 'Vectors="u"' is present. I attach the file,
> maybe you could explain why this happens.

Very little idea.  Maybe my guess that 'Vectors="u"' means that u is shown by
default was wrong.  Maybe it 'Vectors="u"' _does_ mean that u is the default
vector field, but ParaView will only show scalar fields initially.

The VTK file format documentation can be found at
<http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/documentation.html>.  Here they say (page 14)
that the "Vectors" attribute denotes the list of active vector fields, but I
have very little idea what they mean by "active".

> As for the Paraview bug, I tried to report it yesterday, but apparently I
> have to pay a $5000 subscription fee to get support:)

I can understand why you'd want to avoid that.

>    About the adapter, I tried:
>
> vtkwriter.addVertexData(new
> PDE::VTKGridFunctionAdapter<PDE::DiscreteGridFunction<GFS,U>
> >(PDE::SelectComponentAdapter<PDE::VectorDiscreteGridFunction<GFS,U>
> >(udgf,0),"u");
>
> This gives me:
>
> no type named ‘LocalFiniteElementType’ in ‘struct
> Dune::PDELab::PowerCompositeGridFunctionSpaceTraits<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const
> Dune::YaspGrid<2>, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >,
> Dune::PDELab::ISTLVectorBackend<1>,
> Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpaceBlockwiseMapper, 3>’
>
> Could you tell me the proper way to use it?

Hmm, that probably means the SelectComponentAdapter is outdated.  There was a
change in the name of a member typedef from LocalFiniteElementType to
FiniteElementType a while back and apparently SelectComponentAdapter is still
using the old name.  You can try to fix that in your local copy of PDELab (and
we'd be thankful if you send the patch to the PDELab-Mailinglist afterwards).
Or you can wait until I have some time to fix it (about two to three weeks).

Bye,
Jö.

--
In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.