[Dune] Dune-cornerpoint migration to Windows

Guillermo Montilla montillaleon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:26:14 CEST 2011

Dear Dune subscribers;

I am writing to request your support, which I will appreciate greatly.
I'm migrating dune-cornerpoint to Visual C++ (Microsoft Windows), using the
version of the following link
https://public.ict.sintef.no/openrs/svn/trunk/dune-cornerpoint/common/

I have separated the work of migration in two phases:

1. GRDECL Parser
2. Grid building

The first phase works great.

In the second phase I have encountered a compiler error within buildTopo()
function, located in the file readEclipseFormat.cpp

The error occurs when calling the function makeInverseRelation(), there are
two calls to this function.

This error produces the following compiler reports (twice)

Error C2664: 'std::allocator<_Ty>::construct' :
Cannot convert parameter 2 from 'int' to 'const
Dune::cpgrid::EntityRep<codim> &'
File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\memory
Line : 130

Error C2679: binary '='
No operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'int' (or there
is no acceptable conversion)
File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\xutility
Line : 2266

Analyzing the error I have found that comes from the line 70 of
SparceTable.h, which contains the following code
            : data_(data_beg, data_end)

When I remove this line of code the compiler errors disappear.

I greatly appreciate if you can give me any suggestions to correct this
error.
Guillermo Montilla, Ph.D.
University of Carabobo
Venezuela