[Dune] ALUGrid for tetrahedral simplices with periodic boundaries ?

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at psi.ch
Tue May 17 10:15:40 CEST 2011

Dear Dune and ALUGrid developers,

since I can not completely separate this question between DUNE and ALUGrid, I send it to the DUNE mailing list.

I would like to implement periodic boundaries for an electromagnetic algorithm,using the ALUGrid tetrahedral simplex grid.

In particular, since I need to couple degrees of freedom between master-slave boundaries I would like to know if
this is operational in ALUGrid and/or its embedding inside Dune ? This is especially important for the parallel case
and the associated solution of the linear system.

Thanks for your hints and have a great day! Benedikt

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist, http://amas.web.psi.ch
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
 Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.