[Dune] dune-geometry

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Nov 8 19:12:24 CET 2011

Am Tue,  8. Nov 2011, 17:42:55 +0000 schrieb Andreas Dedner:
> 2 Questions:
>
> 1) Should dune-common/dune/common/geometrytypeindex.hh be moved to
>    dune-geometry?

Ugh, I guess so, I'll add id to FS#604

> 2) This concerns the build system. Do I have to add dune-geometry to all
>     my dune.module files, or if a module A depends on dune-grid and
>     since dune-grid depends on dune-geometry does A also depend on
>     dune-geometry? In three words: is Depends transitive?
>     Out of interest: if it is not transitive is that because that is the
>     way it should be or only because that is the way it is at the moment

If you module depended on dune-grid or dune-localfunctions previously, you
don't have to do anything, dune-geometry will automatically be pulled in.

Of course, if you use anything that has been moved to dune-geometry directly
(like reference elements or quadrature rules), the cleanest thing is to add a
dependency on dune geometry in the long run.  But only in the long run --
because with the dependency declared, your module won't work with older Dune
versions.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Spaß mit I18N.  Hier StumpWM/clisp:
WARNUNG: DEFUN/DEFMACRO(GET-WM-CLASS): #<PACKAGE XLIB> ist abgeschlossen.
         Das Schloss umgehen und weitermachen.