[Dune] Grid format for unstructured grids from GMSH files

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Nov 22 20:42:10 CET 2011

Am Tue, 22. Nov 2011, 16:56:20 +0000 schrieb Sacconi, Andrea:
> I'm making my first tries, and I'm using .msh files I produced for my MSc thesis.
> First mesh I'd like to reproduce is 3D, unstructured, with only tetrahedra. Since I'm in this first stage, parallelism is not required.

Then you have two options: AlbertaGrid and ALUSimplexGrid.  Alberta doesn't
support parallelism and uses a bisection strategy when refining.  There are
packages available for e.g. Debian (and they can probably be installed on
Ubuntu without any problem).  ALUGrid splits a tet into 8 smaller tets when
refining, and does support parallelism (in 3D).  There aren't any distribution
packages that I know of, but it's source is available as a standard
"configure;make;make install"-tarball, so it should be easier than UG.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Kiss a non-smoker; taste the difference.
-- fortune