[Dune] creating dune applications outside dune source tree?

Matteo Semplice matteo.semplice at uninsubria.it
Sat Nov 26 17:01:54 CET 2011

On 25/11/2011 13:34, Matteo Semplice wrote:
> Hi.
> Is it possible to create a dune project outside of the dune source tree?
> Remark 2.1 in dunebuildsystem Howto suggests me a negative answer, but
> this is quite important to me: of course I can do what while I work on
> my pc, but in the long run I will have to compile/run dune applications
> on departmental machines, where sources will not be left on disc...
>
> In particular, I installed dune (with prefix set to my home directory).
> If I call duneproject from the base dune source directory (the one with
> dune-common, dune-grid, etc subdirs), everything works fine.
> On the other hand, if I go to another location in the filesystem:
>
> 1) running
>       $duneproject
> from the shell (which calls the installed $HOME/bin/duneproject) does
> not find dune modules. It does work if I make the call
>       $DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=$HOME/lib/dunecontrol/ duneproject
> I can live with this, even if it is a bit odd: after all the duneproject
> directory was put there by "dunecontrol make install" so I would guess
> that $HOME/bin/duneproject should know about it...

I solved this myself... Reporting here just in case there is someone
else equally dumb around
DUNE_CONTROL_PATH should contain BOTH the path for the installed modules
and the path for the current module, like

$DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=$HOME/lib/dunecontrol/:path_to_new_module

Matteo

--
Matteo Semplice				Dip. di Fisica e Matematica
Phone: 031-2386132			Università dell'Insubria