[Dune] Parallel grid partitioning

Andreas Dedner A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 21:24:55 CEST 2011

Hi Eike,

at the moment you do not have that amount of control on ALUGrids
loadbalancing
strategy. So you can use the grid factory to setup the grid (on one
processor) and then
call loadBalance but that will not lead to the partitioning you want.
Unfortunately the
GridFactories concept does not really provide an interface for parallel
grid setup so
repartitioning your grid and using the factory is not really supported.
We have it on th
agenda to extend the grid factory for parallel grid construction but it
we have not yet
fixed the interface accordingly.

I am sorry I can not give you a more positive answer
(but it is always a good first step to get something done if somebody
actually needs it...)

Best
Andreas