[Dune] Parallel grid partitioning

Eike Mueller em459 at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 21:37:04 CEST 2011

Hi Andreas,

ok, I'll try the default loadbalancing first, maybe that's already not
too far away from what I want, at the moment I'm still struggling as I
can't get METIS to work. Hopefully the partitioning will be reasonably
close to what I want, it should at least keep vertical columns
together and usually I have more elements going around the globe than
in the radial/vertical direction (ratio is about 16 to 1). Does the
order in which I insert the vertices/elements have any influence on
the outcome of the partitioning?

Thanks,

Eike