[Dune] Parallel grid partitioning

Rebecca Neumann rebecca.neumann at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 13 09:26:42 CEST 2011

Dear Eike,

when I worked with parallel ALU  I got much better results by changing
the partitioning method of metis.
Therefore you need the file alugrid.cfg in your directory (you can find
a copy in ALUGrid-1.23/misc/ ),
in the third line you can change the partitioning method from 11 to 12.
Using Metis also means, that you don't always get the same partitioning
for the same grid,
in my experience I got the same partitioning in about 9 of 10 cases.
I don't know if it matters to you, but for me it was a bit confusing at
first.
I am not sure about the order of vertices, but I think that doesn't matter.

Best,
Rebecca