[Dune] Multiplication of BCRS Matrix with Dynamic Vector

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sat Sep 3 15:17:15 CEST 2011

Am Sat,  3. Sep 2011, 15:08:18 +0200 schrieb S. Swayamjyoti:
> Is it possible to multiply a BCRS matrix with a Dynamic Vector? When I try
> the standard mv opearation, I get an error
> saying,*/home/sj/dune/dune-common/dune/common/densematrix.hh:397:
> error: subscripted
> value is neither array nor pointer*.
>
> Is there a work around? I would not want to change my Dynamic Vector to a
> Block Vector or Field Vector!

Well, you'll have to use a BlockVector or do the multiplication by hand.  The
matrix/vector opertions assume the matrix and the vector have a compatible
blocking structure (which is a sensible assumption).  If you call the blocking
depth of the basic matrices/vector 1 (FieldVector, DynamicVector,
FieldMatrix), then a BCRSMatrix has a minimum blocking depth of 2.

So not only do you have incompatible blocking structure, you also have
incomptible blocking depth!

Bye,
Jö.

system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
-- seen on the net