[Dune] state of Debian packages for dune

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Apr 4 11:30:35 CEST 2012

Hi Ansgar,
your progress with the Debian packages are good news.

I did not get the point with the license issues for dune-grid. Is 2.2.2
from Debian Policy Manual [1] ("wrapper packages or other sorts of free
accessories for non-free programs" must be placed in contrib) the
problem? To me dune-grid was enough without any external dependencies
for a long time, I never though about it as only a wrapper package.

Jö mentioned license problems with UG and ALUGrid [2]. Can anyone
provide informations in more detail?

Thanks for your work
Christoph

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/index.html