[Dune] state of Debian packages for dune

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Apr 4 12:13:28 CEST 2012

Dear Dune,

I agree, this is really great, thank you all for the
effort!

I would like to convert these to red hat packages. I am
not experienced in this and the first possibility I am
pointed to by Google is the "alien" command. Is this a
good way to do and can you maybe tell me how I can only
download, not install, the debian packages?

Thank you. Kind regards
Bernd

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:30:35 +0200
  Christoph
Grüninger	<christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>
wrote:
> Hi Ansgar,
> your progress with the Debian packages are good news.
>
> I did not get the point with the license issues for
>dune-grid. Is 2.2.2 from Debian Policy Manual [1]
>("wrapper packages or other sorts of free accessories for
>non-free programs" must be placed in contrib) the
>problem? To me dune-grid was enough without any external
>dependencies for a long time, I never though about it as
>only a wrapper package.
>
> Jö mentioned license problems with UG and ALUGrid [2].
>Can anyone provide informations in more detail?
>
> Thanks for your work
> Christoph
>

> [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/index.html
> [2]
>http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2012-January/009961.html
>

> --
> Actually, most flamewars are caused
> by Vim being much worse than Emacs.
> [http://science.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=177208&cid=14705579]

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: