[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-common r6629 - trunk/dune/common/test

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Apr 17 19:29:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 04:18:08PM +0200, Christian Engwer wrote:
> while I welcome cleanup work in general, I would still like you to
> discuss such changes before applying them. There was no real need for
> this change and we do not have any policy for the naming of test
> programs. Once there is a more general decision for such type of
> changes it is fine to apply any change that is necessary to fulfill
> the policy.

I agree with Christian. Please consider other points, too:
- We (mainly you and I) are currently working on the cmake
  branch. Deliberately changing program or header names makes comparing
  the results in the two branches more work. Merging does not help if
  the changes are within Makefiles. It already cost me some time and
  wonder because you changed some test program names in the cmake
  branch.

- Changing test names even breaks the time line in the automated
  tests. (I have to admit that I did not look into these lately).

Considering the first point I would think that it is in your very own
interest to redo the changes or at the very least be more careful in
the future.

Regards,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658