[Dune] More flyspray permissions for contributors

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Feb 1 19:03:45 CET 2012

Ugh, I just discovered another permission hierarchy.  Apparently there are
global groups and per-project groups.  A user is always member of exactly one
global group, an for each project member of at most one group.  For any given
project, if a permission is granted by either global or per-project group, the
user has the permission.

The groups I was looking at previously were the global groups.  I just
implemented the proposed changes for them.

==> I would like to remove the groups for the Dune project. <==
==> Are there objections?                                   <==

Removing the groups for Dune means that only permissions from global groups
apply.  This avoids the confusion of two seperate permission hierachies --
since we only have one project, we don't need them both.  I'm choosing the
global hierarchy over the local hierarchy since there must be at least two
global groups anyway: Admins, and a group where new users end up (currently
Basic).

Removing the group "Dune Developer" means that those members, that aren't also
members of the global "Developers" or "Admin" group will loose some
permissions.  This applies to

  burriad leidenberger mdroh_01 michel oippisch sreejith stefan vater weiser

If you think you do need the elevated permissions, please rais your voice!

The current groups for the project Dune are

* "Project Managers": can do everything regarding the Project.  Members are

    christi mblatt

  They are both already members of the global Admin group, so their group
  membership here is a no-op.

* The group "Dune Developer" could already do everything, except "Edit own
  comments", "Can Vote for tasks", "Edit assignment", and "Show as
  assignees".  There are a surprising number of poeple in it some of which I
  didn't hear from in years, or don't know at all:

    Carsten burriad dedner dune gersbach joe leidenberger mdroh_01 michel
    oippisch peter robertk sander sreejith stefan sven vater weiser

  I've enabled the same permissions as for the global "Developers" group,
  except "Manage Project".

* The "Dune Users" only had very basic permissions.  I've enabled the same
  permissions as for the global "Basic" group.  Members are:

    Bernd aylee dan lauserar schiela usack

* The group "Spammers" grants no permissions, has no members, and is
  pointless, since globally at least "Basic" permissions are granted.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)