[Dune] More flyspray permissions for contributors

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Wed Feb 1 19:30:17 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 07:03:45PM +0100, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> Ugh, I just discovered another permission hierarchy.  Apparently there are
> global groups and per-project groups.  A user is always member of exactly one
> global group, an for each project member of at most one group.  For any given
> project, if a permission is granted by either global or per-project group, the
> user has the permission.
>
> The groups I was looking at previously were the global groups.  I just
> implemented the proposed changes for them.
>
> ==> I would like to remove the groups for the Dune project. <==
> ==> Are there objections?                                   <==

Go ahead, I was never sure how to remove the project groups... to be
honest, I never invested much time either...

> * The group "Spammers" grants no permissions, has no members, and is
>   pointless, since globally at least "Basic" permissions are granted.

No, it soes have a purpose, if we have a spammer, we can move the
account there to block any further action... although it should be a
global group... and we never needed it. No spammers managed to create
an account so far.