[Dune] Isogeometric analysis with Dune

Nina Pak nina.pak at cablemail.de
Thu Feb 2 23:53:47 CET 2012

Hello everybody,

currently I am working on my thesis with the goal to implement isogeometric
analysis in Dune with Nurbs as a basis. As a start I am trying to implement
the FEM example (6.4 on page 52 in the Grid howto) with the shape function
algorithm defined in 3.6.1 on page 94 to 102 of "Isogeometric Analysis:
Toward Integration of CAD and FEA" by Cottrell, Hughes, Bazilevs.

Does anybody have any experience with this topic in conjunction with Dune?
Could you share any advice, hints, or code snippets?

Could somebody confirm our assumption that Nurbs shape functions model in
the dune-localfunctions module will not be compatible with PDELab?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Nina Pak