[Dune] Returning Geometries As Objects

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Feb 6 19:10:01 CET 2012

Hey Christian,

we use for Dumux a CMake/CTest/CDash testing environment,
http://www.dumux.org/dashboard.php
maybe some thoughts are also applicable to the DUNE
testing environment.

I run a cron job that simply tests every two hours. What I
think does the trick for at least alerting me is that I
get an email whenever the situation changes, for example
if different errors occur or if a test which has passed
before does not pass anymore. That means that if it is ok
that a test is not built for a longer period, I do not get
any unnecessary emails.

What we do not have yet, because it is only available in
the commercial CDash version, is the following interesting
feature, which for sure can be achieved by some scripting
magic: whenever the situation changes, all the
svn-committers since the last built get notified by email.
I think that would really help making people alert.

Kind regards
Bernd

bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: