[Dune] Returning Geometries As Objects

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 7 15:36:45 CET 2012

Hi Carsten,

you're right, I forgot the grid modification as a point where geometries could
become invalid and I agree that this is a very good candidate. In the long
run, I think this is a good solution.

However, I don't understand your suggested way of implementation: Do you want
to merge now or implement the enhanced lifetime in the branch before merging?
Or both, i.e., merge now and then implement the enhanced lifetime in the branch?

I also do not understand whether you want the implementation of the new policy
to be a showstopper for the next release (d). If so, I fear there might be no
2012 release.

With respect to a release before the merge (e), I agree (of course). However,
I feel the way you describe with every release...

Best,

Martin