[Dune] Questions concerning Raviart-Thomas elements

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Jan 9 18:28:14 CET 2012

Dear dune,
while including the new Raviart-Thomas elements (compare FS#1010) I
stumbled upon some thinks I could not get sorted out:

- Why are there the files
     dune/localfunctions/raviartthomas.hh
     dune/localfunctions/raviartthomas/raviartthomasbasis.hh
     dune/localfunctions/raviartthomas/raviartthomasprebasis.hh
     dune/localfunctions/raviartthomas/interpolation.hh
   present? They seem to be unrelated to the actual implementations of
   the RT elements. And I could not find an use beside test.cc in the
   same directory.

- A comment in raviartthomas.hh states "These basis functions are at
   the moment only available for simplex geometry types." I wanted to
   change this but in the file is no simplex specific piece of code.

- In test.cc the line (one accessible through "make test-all")
     tests &= test<Pyramid<Point> > (order);
   causes a segmentation fault for me.

Bye
Christoph

--
Wäre es nicht schön [..], wenn der Gödelsche Satz oder die Relativi-
tätstheorie tatsächlich unmittelbare und weitrechende Implikationen