[Dune] #if HAVE_BOOST fails in dune-istl

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Jan 30 15:01:43 CET 2012

Am Mon, 30. Jan 2012, 13:22:24 +0100 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> this is intended. HAVE_BOOST is defined whenever Boost is found by
> configure. If you want to use it, HAVE_BOOST must be set to
> ENABLE_BOOST. Maybe you forgott to add the right BOOST flags in the
> Makefile.am which does it for you.
>
> If you did everything right in your Makefile.am you might call
> ax_boost_base.m4 somewhere in your configure run. Usually this
> should be done only by dune_boost_base.m4 because only the dune test
> sets ENABLE_BOOST.

I don't think ax_boost_base.m4 is enough to get ENABLE_BOOST -- the prefix ax_
means it's from autoconf-archive.  Of course, somebody might have been lazy
and copied the file from autoconf-archive, then modified it to suit Dune
without renaming it (and the macros therein).  I'd consider that a bug though,
since that wouldn't play nice with a call to ax_boost_base.m4's macros from
somewhere else.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)