[Dune] #if HAVE_BOOST fails in dune-istl

Eike Mueller E.Mueller at bath.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 15:16:59 CET 2012

Hi Christoph,

thanks, I had checked out the latest trunk revision of the all modules
and didn't change anything (apart from writing a config.opts file).

However, it all works if I add the option

--with-boost='no'

to the configure flags, so that fixes it for me.

There might just be something wrong with my system, as boost appears to
be installed. I should also say that I didn't have these problems with
version 2.1.

I attach the config.log of the failed istl compilation (i.e. without
"--with-boost='no'"), in particular, it contains this error message here:

[...]
configure:33803: mpic++ -std=c++0x -c -DNDEBUG -O2  -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include -DENABLE_BOOST conftest.cc >&5
conftest.cc:66:1: warning: "HAVE_BOOST" redefined
conftest.cc:65:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
conftest.cc:68:39: error: boost/fusion/container.hpp: No such file or
directory
conftest.cc: In function 'int main()':
conftest.cc:90: error: 'boost' has not been declared
conftest.cc:90: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
conftest.cc:90: error: expected ';' before 'int'
configure:33809: $? = 1
[...]

Eike