[Dune] Returning Geometries As Objects

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jan 31 13:58:29 CET 2012

Dear all,

almost a week has passed since I put the changes for returning the geometry as
an object for discussion. From the responses, my feeling is that the changes
are acceptable to everybody.

Nevertheless, some developers would like to go a further step and disallow the
geometry to behave like a reference -- a discussion I would like to postpone
to the next developer meeting. Either way, I think the current situation would
also be a good transition.

For these reasons I would ask all developers and interested users to test
their code with this branch and report any problems they encounter. Unless any
bugs are found or a developer objects, I will merge the branch into the trunk
early next week.

Best,

Martin
--
Dr. Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5630
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany