[Dune] Setting and optimising AMG parameters in ISTL

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Jul 25 23:13:37 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 09:50:01AM -0700, Bath Uni wrote:

> thanks a lot, I'm still having trouble installing the latest version
> of pdelab (you might have seen my email on the pdelab list).

Sorry for not being precise. I should have said revision r1996 of
dune-pdelab and not latest.

> As far as I can see the coarsen criterion is only used in the
> apply() method of the class ISTLBackend_AMG in backend.hh, where the
> AMG object is instantiated, so I guess I could always derive a class
> from ISTLBackend_AMG and overload the apply() method with the
> UnSymmetricCriterion (and then also derive ISTLBackend_AMG_SSOR
> etc. from this). Or even hack the ISTL_Backend_AMG class in my Dune
> installation...

Yes, but you should probably use new names for ISTLBackend_AMG_SSOR,
etc.

How about instead of (or after) hacking you create a clean
backend for the UnsymetricCriterion and send us patch. We would highly
appreciate this and apply it to PDELab.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658