[Dune] Docu

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Jun 3 09:45:50 CEST 2012

Hi Jö,

nice description. Could you please add this to the documentation
somehow. I think we had a discussion about this behavior more then once
now.

When computing the expected numbers, are you aware that

  - ghost entities have a limited interface (i.e. I am not certain
whether all
    codim > 0 entities are present for a given codim = 0 ghost entity),

  - in ALUGrid some of the ghost entities are duplicates of each other,
e.g. in
    the following cases:

    g: ghost codim=dim entity
    b: border codim=dim entity
    i: interior codim=dim entity
    G: ghost codim=0 entity
    I: interior codim=0 entity

     +-----+-----+
     |     |     |
     |  G  |  I  |
     |     |     |
     +-----+-----+
     |     |     |
     |  I  |  I  |
     |     |     |
     +-----+-----+

    The ghost entity actually appears twice, once for each interior
entity it
    is a neighbor of.

     g-----g-----g
     |     |     |
     |  G  |  G  |
     |  I  |  I  |

    AFAIK the middle ghost vertex appears twice.

If that doesn't help, can we get some numbers here?  Actual vs. expected
element counts ?  Serial vs. parallel?