[Dune] Check for METIS and ParMetis

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Mar 1 13:36:08 CET 2012

Hello everyone,
I tried to use the checks in dune-common for METIS and ParMETIS. I
installed the newest version from [1] followed the install instructions
and installed it with prefix=$somewhere.
With METIS this went fine but the installed ParMETIS does not provide a
header metis.h. I cannot use the one from METIS because the result from
METIS is not included in the test for ParMETIS.
BTW in the test for ParMETIS some search paths seems to be false. But
even if I change these metis.h is not found.
Does someone use the tests? What do you different from me?

I think the tests metis.m4 and parmetis.m4 from ALUGrid 1.50 are nicer
then the tests dune-common provides. Especially the metis test is kind
of alien to the other Dune tests. What about useing these in dune-common?
Thou the tests from ALUGrid didn't recognize my ParMETIS installation
neither. Maybe ParMETIS changes something in PARMETIS version 4?

Thanks in advance
Christoph

[1] http://glaros.dtc.umn.edu/gkhome/views/metis

--
Unix is simple and coherent, but it takes a genius – or at any
rate a programmer – to understand and appreciate the simplicity.