[Dune] Check for METIS and ParMetis

Eike Mueller E.Mueller at bath.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 18:33:25 CET 2012

Dear Dune-list,

I have a related problem: On Hector the libraries (in the ParMETIS
directories, i.e. I'm only using ParMETIS and not a separate METIS
installation) are called libmetis_gnu.a and libparmetis_gnu.a and for
this reason ParMETIS is not detected at the configure stage. I think I
can fix this by running autogen and then replace -lmetis and -lparmetis
in the configure scripts that are generated, but is there a more elegant
way, e.g. passing arguments to autogen in the configuration file to make
sure it uses the correct libraries? Or can I edit one of the autogen
input files?

Thanks a lot,

Eike

PS: I've already asked Hector support whether they can simply rename the
libraries to libmetis.a and libparmetis.a or create symbolic links, but
they are reluctant to do this.