[Dune] max matrix size + gps

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Mar 2 15:01:09 CET 2012

Hi Flo,

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 01:14:57PM +0100, Flo.44 at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've two questions. The first one is about the maximum size of the Dune::FieldMatrix, why is it smaller than 500 x 500 ?

where did you find this restriction? I'm not aware of it and it should
be possible to remove it. Or did you hit some TMP limit of your
compiler? There are some TMPs which might lead to such an error and
with wome further TMP might be fixed. Please give us some more details
and ideally a small test case.

> And my second questions is about matrix reordering. Is there an algorithm like the gibbs poole stockmeyer algorithm implemented, yet?

No, there are no renumbering algorithms implemented yet. Neither for
dense matrices, nor for sparse matrices.

But we sould be happy to receive patches ;-)

Cheers
Christian