[Dune] Dune no preconditioner

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Mar 5 22:02:19 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 08:29:28PM +0100, Flo.44 at gmx.de wrote:
> I want to use the bicgstab solver without an preconditioner. But there is no constructor to setup the solver without preconditioner or?

No there isn't (maybe in the pdelab backend).

Possibilities: write your own or use richardson with dampening factor
1.

> I want to use the solver without preconditioner because with the
> SeqILU preconditioner my solution vector is [-nan ]. When I'm using
> my own bicgstab without preconditioner I get the solution of my
> system Ax=b.

Sounds fishy to me. Are you sure that the problem is not on your end
(e.g. the linear system)? I would assume it worthwile to investigate
the cause for the nans a little more. At least you should run under
valgrind once.

BTW: Personally, I would appreciate it if you would post using your
real name.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658