[Dune] Using a dune project create with v2.1 with the trunk

Eike Mueller E.Mueller at bath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 11:43:04 CET 2012

Dear dune-list,

if I created a dune project with version 2.1, can I still use this with
the trunk? Obviously, I need to adapt my source code, so I will need to
put in some preprocessor flags to check the version at compile time, but
it would make code a lot management easier if I do not end up with two
different dune projects in my svn repository. Or is putting the entire
dune project under version control (obviously not including the files
that are generated by automake/configure/make) a bad idea anyway?

I will need to use dune-geometry, which did not exist in 2.1, so I
suspect that it will not work and I will have to create an entirely new
project, with DUNE_CONTROL_PATH set to the trunk installation and using
the duneproject executable from the trunk, then copy my source code
across and maintain this separately.

Thanks for any ideas,

Eike