[Dune] Navier-Stokes parallel with UG and YaspGrid in 2D

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 20 11:58:33 CET 2012

Hi Manuel,

I guess you're using a Taylor-Hood element with 2nd order Lagrange polynomials
for the velocity and first order ones for the pressure. The 2nd order
polynomials have a degree of freedom on each edge of the grid. To use such a
code in parallel, you need to communicate data on the edges residing on the
process borders.

Unfortunately, as far as I know neither UG nor YaspGrid support communication
of edge data. Have you tried ALUGrid?

Best,

Martin