[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r8042 - branches

christi at dune-project.org christi at dune-project.org
Sun May 6 12:35:49 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 12:29:56PM +0200, mnolte at dune-project.org wrote:
> Author: mnolte
> Date: 2012-05-06 12:29:56 +0200 (Sun, 06 May 2012)
> New Revision: 8042
>
> Added:
>    branches/mn-devel/
> Log:
> create myself a development branch that will not affect the trunk, as it should be kept stable for a while (say the release managers)

I think it would be better to name to branch in such fashion, that we
understand what kind of feature you are working on. This could be done
by naming the branch either according to the feature itself, or to the
flyspray issue. With "mn-devel" I guess you will get a name collision,
when you want to start a new branch for a new feature in one or two
years perhaps...

Just my 2 ยข