[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r8042 - branches

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun May 6 12:48:18 CEST 2012

Hi Christian,

I chose the name to reflect that its a development branch for me. This was
inspired by Oli suggestion to use git, i.e., that every developer should have
his own development branch. It is _not_ intended for a fixed feature.

I am well aware of the risk of diverging branches. For me it is far worse,
however, to have a set of local patches flying around without a backup place.
And, as far as I understood Oli, he (i.e., the release manager) doesn't see any
problem. I think it is worth trying, especially now that we have a developer
meeting in the near future.

By the way: I announced to create a branch for my personal development and there
was no reaction (as usual). With this branch I can show you my proposals and you
can discuss them without me having to wait for a 'go'.

Best,

Martin