[Dune] packages for alugrid and dune-dev (was: Re: Dune 2.2 release branches)

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 7 12:23:06 CEST 2012

On 05/04/2012 11:00 AM, Oliver Sander wrote:
> would it be asking too much to also upload alugrid (at least the
> sequential version)
> to Debian?  AFAIK Christian did package it once, some sort of packaging
> info must
> exist already.  We could then have dune-grid depend on alugrid and have
> more grids
> supported out-of-the-box.

I guess ALUGrid also has no stable ABI?  Would DUNE's ABI be affected if
ALUGrid's ABI changes?

It might also be better to have someone who uses ALUGrid create the
package.  I don't and thus wouldn't be in a good position to test the
package, but could upload it if somebody else looks after the package.

> Also, wouldn't it be nice to have dune and dune-dev meta packages?

I assume dune-dev would depend on all other -dev packages.  What would
the dune metapackage do?

Regards,
Ansgar