[Dune] Dune 2.2 release branches

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 7 14:47:05 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 05/07/2012 02:34 PM, Oliver Sander wrote:
> I have a question about the naming.  Currently the package names contain
> the svn version number, and no real release number.  Is this fine for
> Debian in the longer run?

I will drop the "svn" part once the release is there.  It also serves as
a warning that the ABI might not be stable and you might have to rebuilt
programs after a library update.  This is also the main reason they are
in experimental and not in unstable.

> What happens if for some freak accident
> they freeze before we do our 2.2.0 release?  Shouldn't we do some
> sort of rc1 release early and upload that?

The packages need to move from experimental to unstable before the
freeze, but I would prefer not doing so before the final release or at
least not before we are sure there are no ABI changes.

Regards,
Ansgar