[Dune] packages for alugrid and dune-dev (was: Re: Dune 2.2 release branches)

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon May 7 15:34:51 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 12:23:06PM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> On 05/04/2012 11:00 AM, Oliver Sander wrote:
> > would it be asking too much to also upload alugrid (at least the
> > sequential version)
> > to Debian?  AFAIK Christian did package it once, some sort of packaging
> > info must
> > exist already.  We could then have dune-grid depend on alugrid and have
> > more grids
> > supported out-of-the-box.
>
> I guess ALUGrid also has no stable ABI?  Would DUNE's ABI be affected if
> ALUGrid's ABI changes?

There are distinct ALUGrid releases with changing ABI. Yes the DUNE
ABI can be affected, as we are talking about template code. Usually
DUNE will change when a new ALUGrid is released (+ some transition
code).

I have a alugrid package, I can send you the src-pkg, but there isn't
much fancy going on. I had some problems building proper dev packages,
as ALUGrid changes its implementation (not the ABI) when
enabling/disabling debugging. Perhaps you have a good idea how to work
with this issue. For the time being I decided to enable full debugging
and the strip for the normal lib.