[Dune] dune-grid fails at vertexordertest

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Fri May 11 11:49:23 CEST 2012

Am Fri, 11. May 2012, 11:36:56 +0200 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> Hi Jö,
> thanks for your investigations.
> I don't think that my AluGrid is stale, its a 1.50 from the webpage.
> And dunecontrol all was run for all core-modules. The segmentation

'all' isn't necessarily enough.  It may be better to run

  dunecontrol autogen : configure : make clean : make

('make clean' isn't included in 'all' AFAIK)

> fault occurs both with and without Valgrind.
> I am using openSuse 12.2 Milestone 3 with i386. Due to the virtual
> machine I cannot redo the check with x64.

Can you give me the exect version of your 4.7 g++?  E.g. the first line of the
output of 'g++-4.7 --version'?

> Maybe I should try with UG...
>
> make  check-TESTS
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/gruenich/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/utility/test'
> WARNING: 2d cube grids not tested because no suitable grid
> implementation is available!
> WARNING: 2d simplicial grids not tested because no suitable grid
> implementation is available!
> WARNING: 3d cube grids not tested because no suitable grid
> implementation is available!
> WARNING: 3d simplicial grids not tested because no suitable grid
> implementation is available!
> PASS: structuredgridfactorytest
> = Testding 1D
> == Testing OneDGrid
> = Testding 2D
> == Testing ALUConformGrid<2,2> with simplices
> Created serial ALUConformGrid<2,2>.
> == Testing ALUConformGrid<2,3> with simplices
> Created serial ALUConformGrid<2,3>.
> == Testing ALUCubeGrid<2,2> with cubes
> Created serial ALUCubeGrid<2,2>.
> == Testing ALUCubeGrid<2,3> with cubes
> Created serial ALUCubeGrid<2,3>.
> == Testing ALUSimplexGrid<2,2> with simplices
> Created serial ALUSimplexGrid<2,2>.
> == Testing ALUSimplexGrid<2,3> with simplices
> Created serial ALUSimplexGrid<2,3>.
> = Testding 3D
> == Testing ALUCubeGrid<3,3> with cubes
> /bin/sh: Zeile 5: 11527 Speicherzugriffsfehler  ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: vertexordertest

Hmm, at least that means we were testing with the same grids, so I don't think
there would be any benefit if you retried with UG.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

If God had intended Man to Smoke, He would have set him on Fire.
-- fortune