[Dune] attaching data to intersections

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 7 22:21:07 CET 2012

Hi Marco,

as long as your grid has a conforming macro grid (which is true for every Dune grid I know),
you can always associate the data with the face belonging to the more-refined
entity (the one with the higher level), or with the face belonging to the cell with
the lower index (if the levels are the same). To get the index of that face, you can
use the subIndex() method of the IndexSet with the cell and the value of indexInInside()
or indexInOutside() from the intersection.

In PDELab, there is an IntersectionIndexSet that does something like that. Perhaps you
can simply use that, or you can use it as inspiration for your own implementation… ;-)

Steffen