[Dune] Error in one of ALUGrid's assertions

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Nov 8 17:36:56 CET 2012

Am Mon, 22. Oct 2012, 12:04:29 +0200 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> Hi Dune,
> I stumbled over an bug in dune's ALUGrid classes. I switched one of
> my applications from using UG to ALUGrid and it terminated with an
> assertion (find the complete backtrace below):
>
> >[..]/dune-grid/dune/grid/alugrid/2d/entity_imp.cc:508:
> > int Dune::ALU2dGridEntityPointer<cd, GridImp>::level() const
> > [with int codim = 0; GridImp = const Dune::ALU2dGrid<2, 2,
> (ALU2DGrid::ElementType)1u>]:
> > Assertion `seed_.level() >= 0' failed.
>
> I asked Steffen and he told me, that the documentation states
> "(level == -1 means leaf level)"
> in line 156 of dune/grid/common/alugrid/defaultindexset.hh
>
> So -1 would be a valid level and the assertion should check for
> `seed_.level() >= -1',
> right?

OTOH:  The "seed_" implies entity seed for me.  But an entity seed only makes
sense for an entity of a specific level, whether that entity happens to be a
leaf entity or not.

Just my 2¢,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

This message is protected by DoubleROT13 encryption
Attempting to decode it violates the DMCA/WIPO acts