[Dune] GridPtr: distribution of element and vertex parameters

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Tue Sep 18 11:40:41 CEST 2012

Hi Bernd,

> What people always warn us
> about is to have a real dynamic load balancing, i.e. to balance
> after a grid adaptation has been performed. Although I don't know
> what the underlying problem is / will be.

I'm not sure, which warning you refer to?! The main point was, that
Oliver doesn't do an parallel stuff and thus can't implement the
parallel UG interface. In fact it was Andreas who said, that this
static load balance is sufficient for the DuMuX community and due to
lack of time it would stay the status quo (and for many applications
this will do!). If you want to implement the dynamic load balance,
I don't see any _real_ problems except time and the gory details of
UG.