[Dune] high precision calculation in dune

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Aug 22 14:19:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 01:20:04PM +0200, Klaus Kaiser wrote:
> till now I was using a dune::FieldVector<long double, n> for
> representing my degrees of freedom, but I got into a calculation
> where I have to deal with cancellation. So I'm looking for a
> possibility to raise the precision of my calculation and so I want
> to know if it is possible to easy use a higher precision data type,
> something like gmp, for my FieldVector.

Good timining. There is an effort in this regard currently. See
https://dune-project.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=1331. Maybe
you have some time available to chip in? We would highly appreciate
patches.

Cheers,

Markus>

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658