[Dune] attaching data to intersections

Arya Fallahi arya.fallahi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 19:55:38 CEST 2013

Dear Duners,

Following your recommendations, I am progressing with the attachment of
data to faces. But, I got to have a very strange problem and that is with
refinement. When I attach a data to a face and then refine a grid, I need
to update the face indices attached to this data. In this regard, I need to
find the index of the corresponding face in the father element. I realized
that father() is only accepted by the element entities. I can find the
father element through this function but have no idea how I can transfer to
the face including the considered leaf face and find its index.

Do you have any idea which function in Dune is better to use? I am thinking
of comparing the unit vector normal to the surface for that case, but I am
worried that probably some already implemented functions in Dune are better
to use.

Thank you very much for your help and best regards,
Arya