[Dune] parallel coarsening

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Tue Jun 11 11:48:27 CEST 2013

Hi Andreas,
I know, I would like to provide an example but I never experienced such
a situation in a simple case.
I'm studying an hypersonic 2D case in 3D and I notice this behaviour
because I loose the geometrical z-uniformity after the third call of the
adaptation function. It happens only with coarsening. If I exclude
coarsening, making only refinement, everything works in the right way. I
think that's because refinement happens anyway, no matter how neighbours
are marked.
Could you sketch the right way to proceed in marking elements in
parallel alugrid, please? As synthetic as you can.
However, I'll try to store marks in a container, update its ghost and
the mark elements. Could this be an efficient way?
Thanks a lot,

Marco

Il 11/06/2013 11:34, Dedner, Andreas ha scritto:
> Hi.
> Would be good to have a simple test case with as few elements as possible.
> Could you provide something?
> Best
> Andreas

Marco Cisternino, Ph.D.